Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Why are most Brazilian supermodels white?

That's simply because white women epitomize beauty all over the world, especially in the fashion industry. The Naomi Campbells and Tyra Banks can be counted on half a hand, all over the bloody world! I've heard mixed opinions on racism in Brazil. I have a white German female friend who lived in Brazil with her husband for five years (who is a white Brazilian), and SHE told me that people were extremely racist against blacks there- bold and brazen about it. I also have met many Brazilians outside of Brazil, and they tell me the exact opposite of what my friend told me, and they behave accordingly- from them you'd get the impression that Brazil is way ahead of the rest of the world in terms of race relations. The only thing all of them have agreed upon is the amount of crime in places like Rio. Still, I'd love to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment